About Me

My photo
I am an aspiring photographer, that is hoping to borrow the knowledge and experience of others. Please feel free to leave constructive criticism. I welcome the opportunity to grow as a photographer by employing the tips, tricks, and suggestions of my viewers.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Resolution...

My New Year's Resolution is to jump back into photography. My goal is to take one photograph a day for the rest of the year. In addition I intend to follow a photography challenge, in which every week will have a theme. The theme for this week is Newness.

Some Editing 
I went in search of newness today, and found myself by the bay, watching the sun fall as the first day of the new year came to an end. So my photograph of the day depicting "newness," is simply a silhouette against a setting sun, a style of photography that I have never attempted until today. Something that was new for me on the very first day of the new year!

I also decided to download a trial version of Photoshop CS5 today and dabble in a bit of editing.  Two are just filters for fun artistic effects, and two are me actually attempting to learn technique. Here are the results...

Glowing Edges  Filter

Selective Color

Stained Glass Window Filter


1 comment:

  1. Wow...Whit....great pics...love the one of the Skyscrapers great page too!......A. Gorby

    ReplyDelete